This program introduces developers to the Devops best practices they could incorporate. E.g.version controlling the code, setting up continuous integration workflows, automated testing/static code analysis, using artifactory etc.
Is this for me?
This course is suitable for you if you are a,
- System Administrator, or
- QA Engineer
- Operations Engineer, or
- Build and Release Engineer, or
- Site Reliability Engineer, or
- Automation Engineer, or
- in a similar ops/systems related roles
- And have atleast 2 years of experience with either administering IT infrastructure/applications or with automation
What do I need to know before attending?
- Basic understanding of linux/unix system concepts
- Familiarity with Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Familiarity with a Text Editor
- Experience with managing systems/applications/infrastructure or with deployments/automation
What will this course cover?
- Building Local Development Environments : Overview of Vagrant and Docker
- Revision Control with Git
- Bringing Everything together � Setting up Jenkins as a Integrator
- Data and Network management for containers, Multi-host networking
- Automated Builds : Building Sample Java Project with Maven
- Serving Artifacts: Artifactory and Jenkins Integration
- Automated Testing : SonarQube, Junit
- Continuous Automated Deployment
- Lab: Building Automated CI/CD Pipeline for a Sample Java Application
Do I bring my own laptop to the class?
Yes. You will need to carry your own laptop to the class. We will provide you with all the softwares required and help youconfigure it. Wifi access will be provided.
What will I be able to do after attending this course?
After completing this course you shall be able to
- Docker/Vagrant Orchestration
- Work with GIT
- Understand Jenkins
- Understand Contineous Deployment
- You are expected to spend atleast 3 weeks to practice with CI/CD tools to gain fluency.
What are the next steps after this course?
After you complete this course you consider following action, possibly in the order specified.
- Start applying knowledge gained to deploy applications
- Start working with Jenkins
- Start Building Automated CI/CD Pipeline