Objective of this course is to introduce students to AWS products, services, and common solutions, which will help to identify the appropriate AWS service based on data, compute, database, or security requirements.
Is this for me?
This course is suitable for you if you are a,
- System Administrator, or
- QA Engineer
- Operations Engineer, or
- Build and Release Engineer, or
- Site Reliability Engineer, or
- Automation Engineer, or
- in a similar ops/systems related roles
And have atleast 2 years of experience with either administering IT infrastructure/applications or with automation
What do I need to know before attending?
- Basic understanding of linux/unix system concepts
- Familiarity with Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Familiarity with a Text Editor
- Experience with managing systems/applications/infrastructure or with deployments/automation
- What will this course cover?
- AWS Fundamentals
- Overview of all AWS Services
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon Elastic Block Storage (EBS)
- Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Amazon Elastic Load Balancer (ELB)
- Amazon CloudWatch
- Auto Scaling of EC2 Instances
- Overview of AWS RDS, CloudFormation, CloudFront etc.
Do I bring my own laptop to the class?
Yes. You will need to carry your own laptop to the class. We will provide you with all the softwares required and help you configure it. Wifi access will be provided.
What will I be able to do after attending this course?
After completing this course you shall be able to
- Recognize terminology and concepts related to the AWS platform
- Utilize security measures AWS provides.
- Design highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Identify appropriate use of AWS architectural best practices
- Delegate controlled access to AWS resources
- Estimate and control Infrastrucure cost
- You are expected to spend atleast 3 weeks to practice with AWS console/CLI to gain fluency.
What are the next steps after this course?
After you complete this course you consider following action, possibly in the order specified.
- Start applying knowledge gained to create your infrastructure
- Consider appearing for AWS Solution Architect certification
- Consider AWS Advanced Course if requrired