Objective of this course is to introduce students to what Ansible is, make them familiar with the core concepts, and help them get started writing Infrastructure as a code.
Is this for me?
This course is suitable for you if you are a,
- System Administrator, or
- QA Engineer
- Operations Engineer, or
- Build and Release Engineer, or
- Site Reliability Engineer, or
- Automation Engineer, or
- in a similar ops/systems related roles
And have atleast 2 years of experience with either administering IT infrastructure/applications or with automation
What do I need to know before attending?
- Basic understanding of linux/unix system concepts
- Familiarity with Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Familiarity with a Text Editor
- Experience with managing systems/applications/infrastructure or with deployments/automation
- What will this course cover?
- Introduction to Ansible
- Setting up Learning Environment with Vagrant and Virtualbox
- Fundamental building blocks of Puppet : Writing Playbooks and Roles
- Going Modular with Ansible Modules
- Jinja Templates and Ansible Vault
- Advanced Playbook Topics
- Extending Ansible
- Ansible Cloud Integration
- Continuous Delivery and Rolling Updates
- Troubleshooting and Best Practices
Do I bring my own laptop to the class?
Yes. You will need to carry your own laptop to the class. We will provide you with all the softwares required and help you configure it. Wifi access will be provided.
What will I be able to do after attending this course?
After completing this course you shall be able to
- Automate Common Infrastrucutre Tasks with Ansible
- Write Simple Playbooks
- Understand various primitives offered by Ansible
- Understand Ansible Work flow
- Start Managing Nodes in your own infrastructure with Ansible
- You are expected to spend atleast 3 weeks to practice with Ansible code to gain fluency.
What are the next steps after this course?
After you complete this course you consider following action, possibly in the order specified.
- Start applying knowledge gained to automate your infrastructure
- Start writing your own Playbooks
- Consider Ansible Advanced Course if requrired